Creative Ej Instruction Policies - Overview
Payment for a month's lessons is an acceptance of the scheduled lessons for the month.
Students retain their current lesson time by paying for the month's lessons before the 1st of each month.
Refunds are only available if Creative Ej is unable to provide a scheduled lesson.
With advanced notification, students may be eligible for one makeup lesson per month, up to six makeup lessons per year.
Pricing is based on a four week month. For months that contain five weeks, there is no additional charge.*
*This means you would receive a few free lessons per year. The free lessons you receive (approx. 4) will cover any lessons you miss due to illness, vacations, emergencies, holidays, etc., therefore, we do not offer any refunds or credits due to student absence. If receiving the Free Bonus Lessons is your primary scheduling concern, you should avoid Monday and Thursday schedules due to Holidays falling on those days.
Creative Ej Instruction Policies - Detail
In order for Creative Ej to offer instruction without long-term commitments or contracts, and to maintain our staff of instructors, we have instituted the following policies:
1. Private Instruction is offered for purchase only on a monthly basis, for a particular day of the week and time of day. The fee is $100 per month for one half-hour lesson per week. The fee for "every other week" lessons is $60 per month ($80 per month when there are three lessons in the month). The fee for single private lessons is $30 per half-hour lesson paid online, in advance (subject to availability). Student bands are $100 per student, or $75 per student if also taking $100 per month Private Instruction. All other scheduling and payment arrangements must be approved by Creative Ej management. After school instruction (4PM-6PM Monday through Thursday) fee is $110 per month for Senior Level Instructors. Instruction invoices may include a $5 Electronic Payment Fee, which will be deducted if payment is made on time with check or cash.
2. Payment of monthly lessons by any means (credit card, cash, Paypal, Gift Certificate, etc.) is refundable only if Creative Ej cannot provide the instruction for the scheduled lessons. Student absences or withdrawal do not qualify for refunds. Payment for a month's lessons is an acceptance of the scheduled lessons for the month.
3. All instruction fees (as well as withdrawals and scheduled absence requests - see #8 below) are due last day of the preceding month. Any invoice paid after the month starts, will be subject to a $15 late fee per student. Any student that has not paid their fees on time (before the 1st of the month), is not eligible for makeup lessons or fee adjustments during that month. If a student regularly pays their monthly fees late (two or more late payments in the previous 12 months) the student may be required to purchase a rollover lesson for each of their lesson types. The purchase of this rollover lesson would prevent the student from being dropped from the schedule at the beginning of the month if payment has not been made on time.
4. Monthly fees are pro-rated only when beginning lessons in the middle of the month, or when a scheduled absence is pre-approved by Creative Ej management before the beginning of the month. Monthly fees will not be pro-rated due to student cancellations or absences. Student Bands and other group instruction are not available for fee adjustments.
5. Out of courtesy to our instructors, students are expected to notify Creative Ej whenever there is a cancellation or absence, as soon in advance as possible. In all cases, please notify Creative Ej management directly (not the instructors). Notifications are time-stamped by Creative Ej based on the time of the actual notification - made via phone, voicemail, email, or in-person.
6. Student cancellations made at least one day in advance of the scheduled lesson are eligible for a "makeup lesson" at no additional charge, based on instructor availability (a different instructor may be substituted). There is no refund or reduction in the monthly fee if the "makeup lesson" is not accepted. All available “Free Bonus Lessons” (see Policy #11) for the current calendar year must be used as makeup lessons before any additional makeup lessons can be scheduled. There is a limit of one makeup lesson per month, up to six makeup lessons per calendar year. Makeup lessons expire if a makeup is not taken by the end of the following month (for example, a January absence must be made up by the end of February).
7. Student cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled lesson, or without notice, are eligible for a charged “makeup lesson" at 50% off their normal rate per lesson. There is no refund or reduction in the monthly fee for late student cancellations.
8. All withdrawals and scheduled absence requests will be due by the date of your final lesson in the preceding month. Major holidays (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) are not eligible for a scheduled absence. Lessons scheduled for these holidays will be made up through the next available “Free Bonus Lessons” (see Policy #11). If a “Free Bonus Lesson” does not occur after the holiday, but before a student withdrawals, a credit will be issued for that lesson.
9. Any student that has not paid their fees on time as stated in Policy #3, will be removed from the schedule without notice.
10. Any student that is regularly absent (with or without notice), may be removed from the schedule.
11. Lessons falling on the 29th, 30th, or 31st day of the month are considered “Free Bonus Lessons" for full-time students. There is no additional charge beyond the normal monthly fee. These “Free Bonus Lessons" will be used to offset missed lessons due to holidays, as makeup lessons, and as makeup for instructor scheduled absence (only if it falls within the same month). There are no makeups or refunds available for missed “Free Bonus Lessons”. Any student that has not paid fees on time (before the beginning of the month), is not eligible for any “Free Bonus Lessons" during that month.
12. Lessons falling on the 29th, 30th, or 31st day of the month are considered "Optional Lessons" for "every other week" students. There is an additional charge beyond the normal monthly fee (see Policy #1). These "Optional Lessons" may be used to offset missed lessons due to vacations, holidays, as makeup lessons, and as makeup for instructor scheduled absence (only if it falls within the same month).
13. Scheduling priority is given based on consistency of attendance, family or carpool requirements, and length of status as an active student. Scheduling for full-time students has priority over "every other week" students.
14. In the event of an instructor absence, Creative Ej will provide an appropriate substitute instructor whenever possible. There will be no advanced student notification of the use of a substitute instructor. There are no refunds given based solely on the use of a substitute instructor.
15. As there are no contracts or long-term commitments for private instruction, we do require student notification when discontinuing lessons. This notification should be made 7 days in advance of the first lesson of the month, and will not incur any monthly fees. All fees will be charged for lessons previous to notification, with or without attendance.
16. Send your email address to get started. We will then send you an invoice monthly which you can pay securely online through Paypal.
17. Pay 12 months in advance for a 10% discount, 6 months for 5% off.
Policies are subject to change without notice.
- General Information
- Programs & Promotions
- Corporate Information
- Site Map